Prelabor symptoms have started. Mostly the constant lower right backache has returned after disappearing after Christmas, a few braxton-hicks, fatigue, and a little bit of pressure and aches in the pelvis/groin area. Was worse Thurs evening and Friday when I was almost sure I would go into labor by Saturday AM. I feverishly read my "What to Expect" book to calm my nerves. Basically said labor could start in 1-2 weeks or an hour. A fairly restful and comfortable night's sleep Friday night made me feel much better. Although I'm prepared to deal with whatever happens, I'd much rather deliver during the week so Hank (Dr. Streitfeld) is available. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to finish Mia's cake for her birthday before going into labor. As a precaution, Dave took all the party gear to the rock climbing place and got things set up. I did make it with the cake. And I felt pretty good all day.
Mia predicts a Monday 3/12 delivery. Which would make most people happy. Steve would still be allowed to go to Vegas in subsequent years, Mia would have her own birthday, etc. Although Mom and Dad would miss the birth of the baby - but perhaps we could all still go to Beach Revue on Saturday. We shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment