
Miguel is 6 weeks old, Steve is spending his last week of paternity leave, and Mia is doing STAR testing! April was busy.
okay Miguel is now 7 weeks old. I can barely get time in to write!
Milestones that we need to document.
April 14- Miguel really grew and filled out the week Daddy was in San Diego. He's a big boy now. He gained 10oz in 5 days! Mia can only hold him for a little bit as he gets too heavy in her little arms.
May 8 - Miguel is starting to check out his feet and trying to grab them. He hasn't perfected the grab so he just flails his arms trying. So cute!
May 7 - Daddy is back to work and Mommy is on her own. Miguel has been doing well this week helping make the transition easier on mommy. Taking naps and not fussing too much during the day.
May 8 - Miguel's first trip to the zoo - unofficially. Mommy did her stroller exercise class, aka "stroller strides" (www.strollerstrides.com) at the Oakland Zoo and Miguel slept through most of it. So he didn't really get to check out the animals. It's a good class and you sing songs like "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" while doing squats in front on the monkey cage :)
Mia has finished her STAR testing (state aptitude tests). Every day she thought she did well but overall she thinks she missed 100 questions... hmmm.
We go again tomorrow to do an assessment of her orthodontics - I need to make sure I understand what it is they want to fix in her mouth! Headgear? Yikes!
I'm obsessed with getting my waist back or at least being able to see my ribs when I stretch. Too much ice cream during pregnancy :) We've been very fortunate to receive meals from Mia's classmates and our friends. Chicken w/ goat cheese, Mediterranean dishes, Asian Baby Back Ribs, and lots of desserts! I think the church is going to start sending some meals now. I dont think i'll have to cook until the fall!
Steve is still in la-la land with the baby. He sings to Miguel to keep him happy, Tessa's favorite song, "ippy ippy spider" and "rain rain go away, come-sa back another day"
Nights are still wake-up calls at 1am and again at some other hour of the morning - it varies, sometimes 6am, sometimes 4am. I think Miguel is at his evening fussy period where he needs constant attention from 6-midnight. Every day is different!
Okay, I need to relive steve so he can enjoy a bit of the Warriors game.
WE BELIEVE!!
1 comment:
A few more milestones... The day before I left for San Diego (April 14th, 4 weeks old) Miguel gave me his first "social smiles!" I had to work really hard for them, since they aren't suppose to come until the fifth week at the earliest. But Miguel let me see one a day early since he knew I'd be out of town for his fifth week.
It was hard being away, but Marisa sent me a few pictures on the cell phone during the week. And kept me updated on his weight gain. While I was out of town, Elliot was born 4/17 to our neighbors Jen and Dave across the street. Elliot weighed in at 9lbs 10oz! I was concerned that Miguel was no longer the biggest baby on the block, but Marisa called to tell me that Miguel stepped up his feedings to hold onto his belt, weighing in at 10lbs 12oz at just 4 weeks and 2 days. He is a total binge drinker. Three times he has put on over 10oz from Friday to Tuesday weighing (4 days). So even thought I knew he was getting bigger, and I knew he'd look different when I hadn't seen him for 5 days, I was shocked at how chubby he had become. Cute little chubby cheeks and chubby arms and legs.
Also while I was in San Diego seems he started to really like his bouncy chair. Maybe that was out of necessity having just mom and now dad and grandparents around for holding. And his smiles come so easy now, almost in week #6. Through week #7 he just smiles more and more and I could argue he is even laughing sometimes, but that might be a tough sell to non-parents. By this week, week #8, it has gone from where I work to make Miguel smile, to I swear he smiles just to see me smile. we haven't gotten a good picture of his smiles because seems he is smiling most when I am supposed to be calming him down so mommy doesn't want to take our picture.
05/08 - (7 week) - Marisa mention how Miguel was looking to grab his toes. He is become a little grabby. Actually, he started grabbing mommy's and big sister's hair weeks ago. But now he opens his fingers on other objects like legs or arms. And he does grab my hand in front of his face and pulls it to his mouth.
Miguel still not a fan of tummy-time play at 7 weeks. Need to work on that.
05/10 (7-1/2 weeks)- Marisa just called and his weigh-in today with diaper (all others in the buff) was 12lbs 7oz!
We'll need to add in pictures for some of these events, we have plenty of them!
Post a Comment