My password before I left voxify. Iroically my last post was 1 year ago after i returned to work from maternity leave. I'd go o about leaving but i've obsessed about leaving for way too long and for now will focus on the here and now rather than what was. I will say that I met some great people, did some fun work and gained a lot (not weight but I do believe i left with a few more pounds on me that I went in with). Quite a ride.
The last 2 weeks have been a blast. Riding the Healdsburg century was great fun - seeing the girls again from the team - hanging with my new riding buddies - and just being on the bike with beautiful scenery and nice rollers and flats...
Spending a day with Graham in the city was needed for both of us. Reliving our last days at our jobs hopefully allowed us to STOP OBSESSING!! and get on with our lives. I think that will be my new goal to stop obsessing in life. Got a spectacular manicure/pedicure (mani-pedi sounds a little gay to me) at Quince. Meticulous work - and good price $35 - great value. Graham is wonderful to shop with - she helped me pick out a pair of shoes and I found a nice pair f CK jeans - i love the wide leg pants!
Wonderful weekend hanging out at

Waterhouse Lake with Mia. She's quite the hiker! Definately showed the boys how its done carrying a loaed pack and only 2 complaints - she pushed through (and learned what "push through" means) it was all worth it once we arrived at camp. As soon as we got our tent up, actually before that, she had put on her suit and was ready to go swimming. It was a fabulous 36 hours. The sun, the beautiful granite rocks rising up from the lake, the naps, the campfire, the tasty Top Ramen dinner and the Gay Groose. My first time sleeping out under the stars - even though we had our tent, we decided to give it a try and sleep out on the tarp. Other than the mosquitos early in the AM, we both slept like little babies. It was a good idea to sleep under some low lying branches which blocked the early sunrise.
2 more days of being at home. Tomorrow is Miguel day. I'll take him to Target and REI and I'm sure at that point he'll be ready for a nap ;-) hopefully he'll last long enough for me to take him to the park.
oh yeah, did i mention that i have red streaks in my hair? Steve says it looks punk. i'm happy to have a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment