Today we went to the park to visit with some moms and for Mia to meet up with a friend from school. The usual craziness getting out of the house, making sure you have snacks, extra diapers, ergo carrier, burp cloth, binkie, water, sunglasses, cell phone, wallet, keys, blanket, hat, blankie, and the minimum of 2 trips back into the house to forget anything on that list. But we made it being only 10 minutes late.
Mateo is 3.5 months old, Miguel 2 years 8 months and Mia 10 years 8 months. Mateo has mellowed out quite a bit this month, crying less (except during Stroller Strides), and happy to be entertained by toys and starting to fall for the distraction tactic that works wonders at this age. He smiles more and more but I haven't yet made him laugh out loud. I think he's totally ready and waiting for a good joke. We just haven't been funny enough :). Physically he's been getting stronger; tummy time is lacking, but I actually think he's close to rolling over regardless. I also think he'll be sitting up soon as he's holding himself fairly well.
Miguel loves the park, any park, and is quite the shy guy out in public. Completely opposite from home where he major loud and boisterous. Today at the park he was standing the sidewalk completely engrossed by a cement truck driving slowly up the street. I said, "look Miguel, a cement truck!". He was very exciting and the driver noticed Miguel and waved to him. Miguel waved back, still a bit in awe of the truck. Then the driver honked at him and Miguel just stood there wide-eyed with a look of disbelief. I exclaimed, "Miguel! He honked for you!" and showed Miguel how to do the universal sign to have a truck driver honk their horn for you. It was so adoring to see him so excited to have that whole experience. The way he told his dad later that night about the truck, "he honked his horn for ME", he said, holding his hand to his chest. A Goodnight Moon moment.
Mia had fun running around with her friend Sabrina and being great about helping out with Miguel. She's an incredible big sister. Sabrina was great with Miguel too. Mia has the biggest heart of anyone I know and the best smile to go with it. She's into rolling her eyes at her mom that embarrasses her by just talking and singing every song she knows on the radio. I've always loved her singing and am happy that still she feels so comfortable singing her heart out in front of me.
Tonight all the kids were in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Miguel, half naked as we continue potty training, Mateo laying on the counter jerking his head around trying to take in as much as he could with his eyes wide open, and Mia singing to an old They Might Be Giants song... I had to stop and take it all in...it is so wonderful to have the family - I can't believe still that this is my life. Where did all these kids come from??
2 more weeks and back to work... hi ho hi ho...
oh and those chocolate orange cupcakes rocked.
No comments:
Post a Comment