Friday, December 04, 2009

Feeling defeated but persevering!

I have no routine for Mateo. I feel defeated. I have tried it all, but in all honesty I haven't kept up with it. Need to keep at it so Mateo will fit into some routine. Would help if I would have a good sleep routine myself. Staying up until midnight is not good for anyone in this household. And wake up at 7am. It's going to be insane next week when Mia is here and we have to shuttle her off to school in the AM.

Currently he wakes up anytime from 7-8:30am. Goes down for a nap (if you call 20 minutes a nap) anywhere from 9:30-11:30. Will sleep anywhere from 20 - 60 minutes. But either only if I have him in the ergo carrier or I nurse him to sleep. Would prefer if I could lay him down and he figures out how to calm himself down and go to sleep.

Mid-day, he's up and pretty playful. Likes to play in his gym with his toys overhead and is eating most of his toys these days. Does minimal tummy time and only lasts about 10 minutes before he starts to just lay his head down and start to get annoyed. I read him books, play music and talk to him to keep him stimulated. I usually nurse him at the end of this period. Or at the beginning if he just woke up from a nap. Again, completely random.

Afternoon, is the struggle to get him to go down for a nap. This can be tough depending on if I need to pick up Mia at 3pm or Miguel around 5pm. Either of those times Mateo could be sleeping. Or not. Completely unpredictable.

Early evening. Usually eats sometime around here. depends on when he napped above. I may have fed him at 2pm so he's ready for another feeding at 5 or 6. I get dinner going while trying to keep other kids entertained.

Late evening. Play with him and get him ready for bed. He bathes about once a week so maybe i'll up the bathing time.

I can't believe he just woke up. 45 minute nap. and I got nothing done except to write this blog.

No comments: