Saturday, June 16, 2007

Miguel rolls over!

Steve went out on the boat with Will today so I decided to do a photo session with Miguel.
I dressed him in some simple clothes and put him on the carpet. I was trying to get some shots of him lifting his head but he kept rolling over onto his back. I was so focused on trying to get him from NOT rolling over to take his picture I completely didn't realize he was rolling over for the first time! He just wouldn't stop. It was pretty cute and he was laughing while he did it. No movies taken even though I had the camera right there.

At the support group class yesterday he was on his back and came pretty darn close to rolling from his back to his front. The nurse said he's so close and we all thought he was gonna do it. He's pretty good at moving over to his side but he still needs to figure out how to get his arm out of the way. I was convinced yesterday that he'll be rolling on to his tummy by next week. Which is why I wasn't so surprised he rolled onto his back today! Btw, he weighed in just over 15lbs! Officially he's supposed to get out of the bassinet but I think we'll leave him in until he doesn't fit or is moving around in his sleep more. That thing is really sturdy.

Rolling over Milestones

Miguel found his hands last week and just cant stop putting them together and in his mouth. He sucks on his fingers so it's a drag when we swaddle him and he can't put his hands in his mouth. But he's happy with the pacifier too and it helps him to fall asleep - then he spits it out after he's in la-la land.

He slept from 1030pm - 6am twice this week. Twice he woke up at 430am, his usual feeding time, sucked on his fingers and went back to sleep. He wakes at 6am to feed and goes back to sleep and wakes again at ~830am. This would be a fabulous schedule for me except I return to work in a week and most likely i'll need to be getting up after his 6am feeding and getting ready for work, packing Mia's lunch for summer camp, eating breakfast, pumping, and then getting everyone out the door by 815 or so so I can drop Miguel off at daycare, Mia at camp and get to work by 9am. I'm not totally thrilled about going back just cause it seems so hectic in the morning but I guess we'll figure it all out and hopefully it wont be too bad. Steve will help in drop offs too so that will ease the transition.

No comments: